Join the Gwinnett County Department of Transportation, Gwinnett Place CID and the Gwinnett Village CID for an open house to discuss the upcoming study to examine transportation alternatives and solutions for improving mobility in the I-85 corridor.
The Open Houses will be held:
Monday, February 6th 2012 from 5 pm – 7 pm at the Gwinnett Village CID (5855 Jimmy Carter Blvd, Suite 122 Norcross, GA 30071).
Thursday, February 9th 2012 from 5 pm – 7 pm at the Gwinnett Place Marriott (1775 Pleasant Hill Rd, Duluth GA 30096).
The same information will be presented at both meeting so please choose whichever is more convienent.
WHY THE STUDY
The purpose of the study is to analyze traffic in the I-85 corridor in Gwinnett County. The study will consider a variety of routes and transit options to improve regional and local mobility and connectivity.
The primary goals of the study are to:
- Enhance regional and local accessibility
- Expand the effectiveness of transit service
- Provide a cost-effective and financially feasible transportation system
- Encourage transit supportive land use and economic development
- Support sustainable communities and sound environmental practices/policies